Monday 7 November 2011

Pelican



I have now published Pelican on Amazon. When I was told this story by one of the surviving characters, I was astounded. I thought it was the greatest escape story I had ever heard, and I felt I had to tell it to the world. Now, I have done that. I simply hope I have done it justice. I dedicate it to the man I have called Al Eckman. (This was not his real name, of course.)

Rest in peace, great venturer...


(Even though some years have passed since these events took place, I have had, in the interests of international relations, public face, personal feelings and, indeed, diplomacy, to leave some elements of this story deliberately vague. I have also had to include small amounts of disinformation. However, intelligent readers will have no difficulty in filling in the gaps, as it were, and picturing, indeed, the whole story. My main hope is that this book will prove a fitting epitaph to Al Eckman. I also hope that, sometime in the future, Hollywood will do its duty and produce a fitting tribute to this incredible man.

Where are you Mr Spielberg....?)

You can download the first chapter of this story free from Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pelican-ebook/dp/B0067M89DA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323072886&sr=8-1

No comments:

Post a Comment